General Coloring Questions
It also depends on the dog and its hair growth.
For dogs with continuous hair growth, (Afghan hound, poodle, doodle, shih tzu, yorkie) the hair will be long enough to shave the color out after 4 months.
For breeds like husky, pomeranian, frenchie, and other short hair dogs, that depends on the hair renewal cycle. If you dye your dog and your dog is not shedding, the dye will last longer.
• Use the OPAWZ Deep Cleanse Shampoo. Please note that you do not need any treatments after washing.
• Use brightening/whitening shampoo mixed with baking soda to make a paste. Apply it into the coat and let sit for 10 minutes. Then use a good amount of conditioner afterwards.
• Dye over the old color with a complementary color.
Yes. Although some groomers can get good results without bathing, some dogs' hair can be greasy which will not result in bright colors. We recommend using deep cleanse shampoo before coloring to ensure optimal results.
You can use the OPAWZ Ultrashine Moisture Conditioner, LPP and PPT after coloring. They are very great products for dry and damaged hair, restore back to a healthy coat.
Generally, we don’t recommend using any dyes around the eyes and mouth.
Color Shampoo and Temporary Colors are safer, however please be extra careful of the pet's comfort and watch out for any reactions.
Yes. All the ingredients we use in our products are vegan, and contain no animal-related materials.
All OPAWZ materials are FDA approved for using on cosmetic and food products, as some of our ingredients are food grade as well.
The average shelf life for our dyes is 3 years unopened, and 6 months opened.
The best creative products for cats are OPAWZ Color Shampoo and Semi-Permanent Dyes. These two products have very gentle formulas and are safe to use on cats. You don’t need to worry about cat licking the products after washing.
1. Apply on dry coat.
2. Use isolation cream on the areas where you don't want the dye to go.
3. Rinse the undyed areas before rinsing the dyed areas.
Fur on the ears and tail is especially oily, and some of the hairs' textures are different from other parts of the dog. It might yield a slightly different color result compared to the rest of the body.
We recommend using the deep cleanse shampoo before applying the color for optimal results.
This formula was created with the advice of professional groomers. The dye is more liquidy so it can spread easily and saturate well into the pet's thick hair to have a better color result. Groomers can use less of the product which helps save costs.
The color on the label reflects the end result color on white fur. If your dog is a different color i.e. cream, apricot, the color result will be slightly different.
Dye is not a paint, it's a cellophane, meaning, it's not a solid color that can cover anything. It is translucent and will be affected by whatever color is underneath it.
A red cellophane over blue will make it look purple, a blue cellophane over yellow will make it look green, and any cellophane over black will make it pretty much invisible. That's why hair has to be lifted to get the true color of the dye. If you put color over black or dark brown, you might be able to see a slight hint of it when the light hits it the right way, but nothing overly noticeable. (from Gen Geevi)
There maybe several factors that may include:
1. Dirty and greasy hair will affect how the color adheres. The best way to ensure optimal results is to use Degreasing Shampoo to wash the hair, and blow dry before applying color.
2. Conditioners will also prevent the color from adhering properly.
3. Coarse and/or damaged hair will make it difficult for the color to adhere. For these hair types, an additional application time minimum of 10 minutes is recommended.
4. Not enough dye was applied. For areas with thicker/dense hair, apply the dye in layers and make sure to massage it into the hair.
5. The ears and tail are the oiliest areas, so take care to clean thoroughly prior to applying dye. Clean hair will be unsmooth to the touch.
6. Some dogs’ ears will take color differently due to differing hair textures, and will be noticeable especially with the light color dyes such as charm pink and tender green.
7. Tails touch and scrape against the ground the most, so the hair is more easily damaged. We recommend letting the dye set for a longer time. Please note that damaged hair will also shed the color faster.
8. Open dyes, especially ones that have been opened for a few years will not produce the optimal results.
Yes. However, the colors will overlay instead of being covered (i.e. if you have a red base and you dye blue over it, the result may look purple), so it is best to dye over with similar colors to get a nice result. If you are not sure about the final result, do a test on a small patch of hair.
Whether you use Permanent or Semi-Permanent Dye, the color will fade faster. Usually, the permanent color may last around a month on a soft and fine coat if the dog swims daily. And under the same condition, it may last less than a month on a wire and damaged coat.
If you rinse completely after coloring until the water is clear, it will not stain in the pool or elsewhere.
Half a year. Permanent dyes are formulated to penetrate deeper into the hair, making it very vibrant and long-lasting compared to the other products. Specific colors like Hot Red, Mystic Purple, and Adorable Pink may last longer. We recommend using Semi-Permanent Dyes which can last around 10 washes if you want the color to fade faster.
• Apply the dye directly onto the pet’s dry coat. If the pet’s coat is dirty and oily, shampoo and blow dry first.
• Shake well before opening the dye.
• Apply dye evenly on the desired coat area and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
• Rinse clean and dry after.
Aqua, Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, CI 42090, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 16035.
OPAWZ Permanent Dyes can last at least half a year, so we recommend dyeing 2-3 times a year to keep the color. However, there are no specific time interval requirements for dyeing a dog.
We recommend using a muzzle when coloring to prevent pets from licking. Groomers have informed us that nothing happens after licking the dyes, but we recommend going to the vet immediately if there is any allergic reaction.
We recommend the dog to be at least 6 months old before coloring.
OPAWZ Permanent Dyes have a thinner consistency than other dyes, so you can use lesser amount. Different weights, lengths, and densities of coat also require different amounts of dye.
For example: to color a toy poodle with 3cm long medium density fur from head to toe will require around 100g of dye, or about 70% of the bottle. A standard poodle has more fur in comparison, with also 3cm fur will require around 8 tubes of permanent dyes on dry coat.
Cats have more allergic reactions than dogs and horses because their organs are different. A lot of groomers are new to creative coloring and we are concerned that they are unable to determine whether the cat will have allergic reactions to the products or not, so we do not recommend it for cats.
We recommend using the OPAWZ Semi-Permanent Dyes and Color Shampoos for cats, since they have gentler formulas.
Fur on the ears and tail is especially oily, and some of the hairs' textures are different from other parts of the dog. It might yield a slightly different color result compared to the rest of the body.
We recommend using a deep cleanse shampoo before coloring to ensure optimal results.
No. The color will turn out the same if left on longer than 20 minutes. Sometime though, it will turn out much darker.
However, we still recommend to let the dye sit for around 20 minutes to let the dog rest well.
Yes. OPAWZ Permanent Dye has excellent coverage so it can be used on darker hair including tan, grey, and apricot directly.
However, the lighter colors such as Tender Green, Charm Pink, and Glorious Yellow will not show up as well on these coat colors as they would on white hair.
If the hair is dark to black, we recommend to use OPAWZ Lightening Cream & Developer to lighten the hair prior to using the dye.
Yes, gloves will help protect your hands from getting stained during coloring.
OPAWZ Permanent and Semi-permanent Dye can be removed by soap in a few washes.
We highly recommend using gloves during the coloring process to avoid skin staining from the dyes.
No. Once you mix No. 1 and No. 2 thoroughly, you can apply to the mixture to the hair immediately.
The mixture is most effective when applied directly after mixing, as it will lose effectiveness after around 2 hours.
Yes. The Super Black provides a very good true black color result on any kind of coat. Use it as you would with any other permanent dye.
1. Mixture was not used immediately - after mixing No. 1 and No. 2, it should be used immediately as it will only be effective for around 1 hour.
2. Dirt and oils will affect how the color sets on the hair. We recommend using the dye on clean and dry hair for best results.
3. Products that contain conditioner ingredients were used on the hair prior to applying the dyes.
4. Mixture needs to set on the hair for at least 20 minutes.
The Semi-Permanent Dye can last more than 8-10 washes for normal hair, and then the colors will fade to a paler color later on. The Dahlia Purple and Shocking Pink may last longer.
Yes, the semi-permanent dye has a much gentler formula, and it is safe for small breeds such as cats, birds and rabbits.
The Semi-Permanent Colors works best on white hair. It can work on light brown and light grey hair as well. However, the color will turn out darker compared to the color on white hair.
Aqua, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Citric Acid, Acid Red 52, Acid Orange 7, Acid Yellow 23, Acid Blue 9.
OPAWZ Funky Color Shampoo is a color-depositing shampoo. The safe and gentle formula can be used directly to pets with white or light-colored hair. It can be used on previously colored areas of the same hue to make the color more vibrant. Use it in consecutive baths to make the color more vibrant.
Rinse hair and squeeze excess water from hair, then apply a generous amount of Color Shampoo evenly from roots to ends. Lather well to make sure the product is saturated throughout the fur to ensure a more effective result. Leave in for 10-30 minutes. Rinse clean with lukewarm water and finish up with conditioner. The color will last for 3-8 washes. The lasting time may vary based on coat texture.
No, it should be used directly on clean and damp hair. Since the formula is not as strong as dyes, the result will not turn out well if it is diluted with water.
Generally, with a setting time of 10-30 minutes, the color will last 3-8 baths. The longer it is left on, the longer it lasts.
No, it can be rinsed off easily on a glossy surface tub.
No, the color will not rub off after it's been rinsed well, even if the hair gets a bit wet.
Yes, just let it stay on and lather it for a longer time, around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use Deep Cleanse Shampoo first if the hair is greasy, or if you used conditioner or treatment on the dog in the previous bath.
- Use it in consecutive baths to make the color more vibrant.
- Lather the shampoo into the hair for a longer time. Normally, you can let the color sit for 10 to 30 minutes, but the longer the shampoo sits in the hair, the brighter the color result
The Color Shampoo is a pastel tint, which does not have the ability to cover uneven yellow stains on hair with first use. For the best results, use the OPAWZ Whitening Shampoo to remove yellow stains prior to using the Color Shampoo.
Usually, the hair on the dog’s ears and tail are especially oily, and can have different textures from other parts of the dog, and therefore might yield a slightly different color result compared to the rest of the body. We recommend using the deep cleanse shampoo before applying color shampoo for optimal results, and using the color shampoo continuously for enhancing and maintaining the result.
Yes, the Funky Color Shampoo can be used on all the pets that can be bathed. However, it only works well on the white or light-colored hair.
Yes, you can. Here is a sample of blue and green shampoos mixed at a 1:1 ratio:
Yes, you can use the Funky Color Shampoo with a bathing machine to distribute the colors evenly. The following video uses 125mL/4oz of pink shampoo, 15 minutes of continuous washing.
Yes. You will find you can save more product in the long run. For a standard poodle, it needs around 125ml/4oz of color shampoo to color the whole body. Follow these steps for optimal results:
Shampoo pet without using conditioner and blow-dry. Apply to the desired area(s), comb, and massage into hair for even application. Leave on for a minimum of 30 minutes on hair, and then rinse off until the water runs clear. Use conditioner, rinse and dry as normal.
Color Dilution Cream
Yes, just make sure to seal it in an airtight container to keep the mixture. Be sure to use it within 2 to 3 months, otherwise the color result will become lighter and will fade faster.
Dilution Cream cannot be used individually; it needs to be mixed together with a Permanent Dye. It needs to be washed as well after being left in for an adequate amount of time.
OPAWZ Permanent Dyes have strong pigments, so you need to use a large amount of dilution cream versus dye. You can pour the dilution cream in a tint bowl first and add in drops of dye and mix. Test the new color on a sheet of paper towel and keep adjusting until the color is satisfactory.
You can, but if you mix the Permanent Dilution Cream with Semi-Permanent Dye, the dye will last longer. We will recommend you use Semi-Permanent Dilution Cream with the Semi-Permanent Dye.
Veterinarians use 3% hydrogen peroxide regularly as an emetic agent for when dogs eat something by mistake. Hydrogen peroxide is also used to disinfect wounds. Most ingredients have their advantages and disadvantages, and the most important thing is to use them correctly. As long as it does not touch the skin of the dog and is not used on dogs with skin or health problems, kept away from the eyes and mouth, and used by groomers with rich creative grooming experience, its safety can be guaranteed. For more info, see this blog post: https://www.opawz.com/blogs/general/hydrogen-peroxide-facts
Always do a pre-test 48 hours prior to application. Do not bathe pets in advance. Double-check to make sure that there is no damage, redness, and/or swelling on the skin of the areas that will be lightened. Portion Lightening Cream and Developer at a ratio of 1:2 and mix well. Apply test patch to areas, making sure to touch the hair roots and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes (do not touch the roots when doing the actual lightening). If the pet does not experience any discomfort, the normal lightening process can proceed.
- Pet does not require bathing before application. Comb hair well (avoid using combs with sharp needle tips to avoid damaging hair) and check there is no damage, redness, and swelling on the skin on all areas that need to be dyed.
- Mix Lightening Cream and Developer thoroughly at a ratio of 1:2, apply evenly on the area, and keep 1/2 inch (1 cm) away from the roots. Leave at room temperature for about 25 minutes. (When applying to ears, use cellophane to wrap the ears to prevent the mixture from getting into the dog's eyes. Never use foil to wrap.)
- Rinse the mixture off with lukewarm water (~20℃), apply Deep Cleanse Shampoo and lather well. Rinse clean and dry.- If the result is not lightened to satisfaction, re-apply in a different session with at least 1 week of rest time in between.
- For lightening urine stains, leave it in for 10-15 minutes. If you are not satisfied with the lightened result, you may lighten again. The second lightening time can be determined by the dog’s condition.
It is best to apply hair dye after 1 or 2 weeks, and the dog can rest while ensuring that the hair no longer has residual oil.
Also, you may use the OPAWZ Deep Cleanse Shampoo and OPAWZ C1-Degreasing Cream to clean the residual oil.
We do not recommend it for cats or other small animals. Cats have more allergic reactions than dogs and horses because cats' internal organs are more delicate than dogs.
Mix Lightening Cream and shampoo to remove or lighten the color stain such as Innocent Blue and Charm Pink. Shades of red are the most difficult to remove.
If you want to dye a lighter color, you need to lighten the hair to a very light beige first, then apply the dye on. However, we don’t recommend inexperienced groomers do this.
You can let the mixture sit for a longer time on the hair, or lighten the hair again after one week. However, we don’t recommend inexperienced groomers do this.
The process of lightening is to change the hair from dark color to beige. Whether your dog is black, dark brown, dark grey or coffee colors, all colors dogs are the same. The lightest color of Lightening Cream can lighten to is only brown to beige.
- Some groomers said the color does not adhere after using lightening cream. The reason is because a large amount of grease is used in our lightening cream formula to protect the hair and minimize the damage. Therefore, it is necessary to pay special attention when cleaning. It may take several times to clean thoroughly, especially if the amount of application is relatively large.
- We recommend using an undiluted shampoo that does not contain any hair care ingredients to clean until you feel like the hair of each part is unsmooth so that means the hair is cleaned well.
- It is best to apply hair dye after 1 or 2 weeks, and the dog can rest while ensuring that the hair no longer has residual oil.
- Lightening Cream set can only lift to a brown or blonde color. The coloring result will not be the same as on white hair. Please avoid using lighter shades of color such as Tender Green, Charm Pink, Bubble Gum Pink, etc. Refer to the example by Chloe Amos below:
The chemical reaction starts immediately after mixing the Lightening Cream and Developer together. The general reaction time is around 1 hour, so the mixture needs to be used as soon as possible. We recommend leaving it on the hair for around 20 minutes immediately after mixing, it will not work for much longer after that.
Always do a pre-test 48 hours prior to application.
Avoid direct contact with the skin. Leave the mixture ½ inch (1cm) away from the skin and use a small brush to apply in a thin layer. Don’t like the dog lick the product. Some dogs have vomited after licking because the product contains peroxide/oxidant, which vets also use to induce vomiting.
How long does the chalk last?
It depends on the area you apply on. Normally, it can take 1 to 3 washes. However, it will only stay on for a few hours if you apply on areas where the chalk can be easily rubbed off.
How can I make the chalks last longer?
The Chalks will last longer for bright colors. Before and after using chalk, use OPAWZ Grooming Spray or hair spray on the area which you want to apply. It can help the color last longer.Footnote: Don’t let chalk touch water or get rained on. Don’t apply color to areas where the dog can lick or scratch it off.
Can the Pet Hair Chalk be used for cats?
Pet Hair Chalk is safe for cats. However, we don’t recommend applying on areas where the cat can lick.
Can the Pet Hair Chalk can be used on black fur directly?
Yes, chalks have great coverage ability. It can be used on all hair colors, including black, brown, grey, white and so on. OPAWZ Glitter Gel has the same coverage ability like chalks.
Does the Pet Hair Chalk stain furniture and clothes?
Yes, most of temporary will stain on furniture and clothes, include chalks. However, OPAWZ Funky Color Shampoo does not stain. Paint Pen, Color Paste, Blow Pen stain slightly.
What can I do if the Blow Pen becomes dry?
- Open the Blow Pen’s white back cover.
- Fill in the cover with clear water.
- Set the back cover into the Blow Pen, then shake the pen well.Now you can use the Blow Pen as normal.
What is the difference between Airbrush and Blow Pens?
The lasting time is different. The design with Airbrush and Temp-ink can last around 1-3 washes. The Blow Pen can last around 2-5 weeks.
How much fur can 1 blow pen cover?
Normally, it can be used to cover the equivalent of 4 pair of normal toy poodle ears.
How long does the Blow Pen last?
Usually, the Blow Pen will last around 2-5 weeks. The Pink and Purple color may last around 1-2 months.
How long do the paint pens last?
It will vary depending on the hair type and how much it is rubbed on other surfaces. On average it lasts 1-3 washes. You can use Grooming Spray for it to last longer.
Can the paint pens be used on dark or black hair?
Yes, however you should use the white paint pen as a base color before applying the other colors on top for a more vibrant color result.
Can the paint pens be used on cats, rabbits, and mice?
OPAWZ Pet Paint is safe for cats and small animals. However, we don’t recommend applying onto areas where the cat can lick.
Do the paint pens stain furniture and clothes?
Normally they will not, but however in instances where a large amount is applied, there is a possibility that it will show on white furniture or clothes if rubbed. You can use Grooming Spray to seal in the color and help it last longer.
I think the brown ink is too dark, how do I make the it looks lighter?
You can add small amount of orange ink for a lighter brown.
How can I to make the color lighter?
You can add grooming spray into the ink, or keep the airbrush a little further away when spraying.
How do I take care the machine?
- Clean the machine with clear water every time after using.
- Charge the machine every 3 months when the machine is not in use.
OPAWZ Bathing System
1. Make sure the power grounding wire of the Bathing System is secure and not damaged. If it is in working order, the Leakage Protection Plug of the machine will work, which ensures the safety of people and pets.
2. Ensure that the Foot Operated Pneumatic Switch and Leakage Protection Plug are kept away from water or getting splashed by water. You can hang it higher up, which helps prevent water and water vapor from entering the Leakage Protection Plug and avoids machine malfunction.
3. Keep the Foot Operated Pneumatic Switch out of reach when not in use to prevent accidentally turning on the machine. This is to prevent leaving the Bathing System on idle, which can burn out the motors. The machine is relatively quiet when in use compared to other equipment such as blow dryers, so sometimes it will be difficult to hear when it is accidentally turned on.
4. When using and moving the machine, please use the handle of the machine. Do not pull the power line, otherwise the cord will break more easily.
The shower head of Pet Bathing system is equivalent to the strength of 8kg of the human hand. It can maintain a consistent water pressure. The active agent within the shampoo will break down oil stains easily through the impact of the water on the pet. This washes the pet more thoroughly than manual washing and will yield much cleaner results.
It works in the same way as a washingmachine or a dishwasher. The cleaning agent in your shampoo attracts the dirt - the dirt molecules attach to the cleaning agent molecules - and when you rinse the dog, the dirt goes down the drain together with the shampoo. If the dog is very dirty and oily, please rinse with clean water first before using the bathing machine. And you may also need to empty the bath and refill with clean water and shampoo, then give it a second wash.
No, the machine has a Leakage Protection Plug, the whole design is completely based on the EU and the US standard. It won’t leak electricity even you immerse the pump into water. However, please make sure the socket you are using is also a safe and reliable standard ground wire.
The whole set (including switch) is 4.08kg without the carton.
Yes, any size bathtub is fine to use. If the pet is small, you can even use a baby bathtub, it will be easier and save more water.
1. OPAWZ Pet Bathing System is much safer. The machine has multiple leakage protection design. The fully waterproof mainframe can work under 10 meters of water. The rubber pneumatic switch and connecting pipe are all waterproof, and it can effectively avoid electric shocks caused by wet hands touching the power supply. The power supply is also a Leakage Protection Switch; the power will be turned off automatically if overcurrent happens. Many other pumps do not have so many user-friendly design features.
2. OPAWZ Pet Bathing System uses the high-quality accessories for durability. For example, the pipes and showerhead are all produced in Europe. They will not crack or harden in cold season, and has a great durability. Water won’t leak from the pipe being bent.
3. OPAWZ Pet Bathing System’s main engine power and accessories are precisely designed to ensure the water pressure is suitable for pet bathing. The adjustable showerhead can adjust the water pressure freely for cleaning the body and head. The pressure is just right to ensure a proper cleaning, but gentle enough to not scare pets. Other pumps’ pressure is can be harder to control.
4. OPAWZ Pet Bathing System has a dual filter system to ensure pet hair does not clog the machine, helping protect the machine and extending the life of the machine. The first layer is a stainless steel metal mesh at the bottom of the machine, and the second layer is the external thick sponge filter. Other pumps cannot filter impurities.
5. OPAWZ Pet Bathing System can save a lot of shampoo and water. It only needs 4-5cm high of water in the tub to operate properly. Other pumps need more shampoo and water, and the cost is much higher.
Shampoos that contain silicone oil will cause grease deposits inside the machine. If it is not cleaned regularly, the silicone oil will accumulate into a thick layer on the impeller of the machine in 2-3 months. It will increase the load of the motor, deform the impeller and increase the noise, resulting in damage to the machine.The OPAWZ Deep Cleanse Shampoo does not contain silicone oil. No residual grease will be produced on the machine, and you only need to do regular disinfection or cleaning.
There are 4 possible reasons:
1. Check if the adjustment switch for the showerhead is fully open.
2. Check if the bottom of the machine is too flat. Some groomers put the machine in the stainless steel or plastic bathtub directly, and the bottom of the tub is very thin. When the machine is turned on, the strong suction of the machine will deform the tub, which decreases the amount of water intake and lowers the pressure. We recommend putting a tile, a glass plate or another material that will not deform easily under the bathing machine instead.
3. There is too little water in the tub. It needs at least 4-5cm of water inside.
4. Remove the bottom plate of the bathing system and check if the rubber ring has shifted. If the rubber ring is too large, please cut off the extra part and place it back into the slot afterwards. When putting the bottom plate back, please make sure the plate is facing up. Lift the pump and fit the baseplate on. Finally, tighten all the fixing screws. If the screws are not tightened, the water pressure will increase when the machine is lifted, and decrease when the machine is put down.
Pour in warm water in the tub, using as much as you would normally for washing a dog. The water temperature can be a little higher than wash for washing dogs, but please do not exceed 50°C.
Add 10-20ml of medical equipment disinfectant, either phthaladehyde or glutaraldehyde disinfectant.
Then, open the Pet Bathing System. You can use the showerhead to rinse the whole tub.
The whole process is recommended to be no less than 5 minutes. After that, you can turn off the machine and drain the dirty water out of the tub.
Turn on the machine again and let the clean water inside and rinse again for 2 minutes.
Repeat this process every time after washing pets with skin disease, and also after finishing each day’s work.
The machine has two filters to protect the interior. The sponge filters hair, it can filter out 90% of the hair from outside. Under that is a layer of 40 mesh filter. The mesh is very narrow, which filters out smaller particulates. The mesh of the showerhead is 0.8mm, which is much larger than the mesh size of the bottom 40 mesh, so any particulates that filtered through will be easily rinsed out. If there are any residues, it can be easily cleaned out by disassembling the shower head.
It is most likely because water got inside the machine. We recommend placing the machine in a dry place for 4-7 days to let it fully dry out before turning the machine back on.
When you use the Pet Bathing System, please ensure that the Foot Operating Pneumatic Switch and Leakage Protection Plug are kept away from water or getting splashed by water.
Model Dog Tutorials
OPAWZ Dog Shampoos
What ratio should I dilute the shampoo?
Based on different hair color, there are different ratios:
- For heavily stained areas, please apply directly without dilute and lather well. Do not let the shampoo sit on the pet more than 10 minutes.
- For general care of white-hair, you can dilute at a ratio of 1:5 ~ 1:10 depending on the hair shade and lather well. Do not let the shampoo sit on the pet more than 10 minutes.
Why did some areas become purple after washing?
Please do not use undiluted shampoo or excessive amounts of shampoo if the yellow stains on the hairs are not too dark. Hair with shampoo applied should be rubbed and lathered immediately to prevent the shampoo from setting. Please note that the shampoo should not sit in the hair for too long; 10 minutes is the maximum recommended amount of time for the shampoo to sit. If the shampoo ratio is too big and/or if the shampoo has sat too long, the hair will appear light purple. You can remove the purple in 1-2 washes with regular shampoo in the next baths.
Why do some pet’s hair become a little rough after washing? Does the shampoo damage the hair?
OPAWZ Whitening Shampoo uses purple to replace yellow stains to achieve the brightening effect. The hair scales will be slightly opened during the bathing process, making the hair a little rough to the touch. Use OPAWZ Ultrashine Moisture Conditioner after washing with Whitening Shampoo, it will close the hair scales quickly, and will remove the rough texture of the hair.
Can the Whitening Shampoo be used in regular baths?
Yes, the Whitening Shampoo can be used in consecutive baths diluted at a ratio of 1:5-15 depending on the hair shade. Lather well and do not let the shampoo sit on the pet more than 7 minutes.
Why did the hair become a little bit dry after using the shampoo?
Different shampoos have different functions. The OPAWZ Density Shampoo can achieve the effect of making the hair more fluffy and upright after use, making it easier for groomers to cut the hair without the grooming gel/spray. This effect cannot be achieved if we included more conditioner ingredients in the formula.
Why is the hair not standing up?
a). Is the dog a puppy? Puppies’ hair is usually very soft, and it is relatively difficult for the hair to stand up during this period. You may use OPAWZ Grooming Spray to help shape and trim the hair.
b). Did you use conditioner? Conditioner contains oily ingredients that will make the hair more relaxed.
c). Did you clean the hair thoroughly? If the hair is too greasy and dirty, it needs to be washed at least 2 times. When you feel the hair is non-sticky and astringent, it means the hair is clean.
What is the dilution ratio for Density Shampoo?
a). For dirty and greasy hair, please apply directly without diluting and lather well for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with clean water. If the hair is still greasy and oily, please repeat the same process again.
b) For hair not that dirty, you can dilute at a ratio of 1:10 (do not dilute more than this ratio).